1. You want to avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for at least 3-4 weeks following your appointment. Also, prolong tanning or sun exposure will also cause your new permanent makeup to fade prematurely, so sunscreen is highly recommended as long term aftercare.
2. Due to your skin being freshly tattooed on, you’re going to want to avoid excessive sweating, extremely hot showers, and saunas for the first 10 days. All will cause the freshly implanted pigment to be pushed out.
3. If you’ve received a permanent makeup service, you will need to hold off on any botox, fillers, chemical peels, microdermabrasion and other facials for at least 4 weeks to allow proper time for your skin and surrounding areas to heal.
4. After your permanent makeup service, you will want to avoid sleeping on your face or excessive side sleeping. Some clients have found the use of a lash pillow or even travel pillow helpful during the crucial first week.
5. Although you may be tempted resist touching freshly tattooed skin, especially on your face. This may encourage irritation and possibly infection, which no one wants!